The Robotics Group of the University of Patras is
interested in the following three tasks:
- Development of a Knowledge-based System for the generation of
- Simulation of robot cells for assembly of a valve produced by Zita
- Development of a Hybrid Force/Position Controller for the
implementation of assembly strategies.
Knowledge Based System
- The knowledge-based system accepts as input IGES files where the
parts are containing geometrical data for the parts to be assembled.
- The parts are classified according to their Geometric Features.
- The parts for each assembly task are classified as either moving or
- The C-Frames is defined on the moving part.
- The artificial constraints of each assembly subtask are formulated
according to the contact case between the moving and the stationary
A special algorithm for the identification of the contact case is
developed. This algorithm inputs the signal from the force sensor. In
addition, a fuzzy decision system has been developed in order to reason
about the feasibility of the assembly with respect to the tolerances between
the two parts and the robot repeatability error.