Loading the player ...
- Offer Profile
- The combined knowledge and
experience of several generations of engineers and technicians form the
basis for the professional competence found today at Schwelm Anlagentechnik
Schwelm Anlagentechnik GmbH (SAT) emerged from Schwelm Anlagenbau in 2003.
Its production line boasts a range of equipment for chemical plants, natural
gas service stations, and biogas conditioning and infeed systems. The
ingredients for success at SAT are the knowledge and experience accumulated
by our engineers and technicians during many years engineering components
intended to handle flammable gases and liquids that could endanger
groundwater. Working closely with experienced suppliers in compressor
construction, it was possible to attain a leading position in the market for
natural gas service stations in Germany.
- Everyone talks about synergies. We capitalize on them!
Years of experience in plant and equipment engineering, development leader
in natural gas service stations, and manufacturer of fuel vapor recovery
systems – all this, taken together, has put us in a position to become, in
the shortest possible time, a highly competent partner in the field of
biogas conditioning plants. Based on our experience in the fields mentioned
above, we offer excellent craftsmanship, reliable adherence to standards,
and efficient planning. This is demonstrated in the above-average quality of
our systems, which are paired with services we provide to ensure the ideal
cost-benefit ratio for your biogas conditioning system. We attach particular
importance to reducing ongoing operating costs. With electrical consumption
at less than 0.2 kWh/Nm³, referenced to the raw gas, we set standards here.
BIOGAS AND METHANE FEED PLANTS
- Power to the plug – say those who champion
Sustainable, environment-friendly energy sources – those are the modules for
the future of humanity – in the personal, industrial and mobility sectors.
Since the surrounding conditions always vary, our ability to turn customer
wishes into reality is of particular interest. Our in-depth experience in
the natural gas sector makes it easy for us to satisfy both the stringent
requirements of legal and technical regulations (DVGW G260, GasNZV) as well
as the customer’s instrumentation, control, regulation and safety
expectations. Especially worth mentioning is the ability to obtain from a
single source both the biogas conditioning system and the biomethane feed
system. That eliminates annoying interface matching problems for our
DRYING BIOGAS AND BIOMETHANE
- Water doesn’t burn.
And it is for this reason that biomethane may not contain more than a
specific residual moisture. It is not rare that neither the conditioning
technology nor the infeed and conditioning plant is engineered to dry the
gas. We employ operational safe and profitable systems for drying purpose.
These are systems that feature automatic regeneration. The pressure swing
adsorption (PSA) systems used in our conditioning plants can also provide
any desired degree of dryness with minimum energy consumption. The desiccant
(a molecular sieve) used here is regenerated fully automatically,
eliminating the need to replace it. The output is simply water, which can be
disposed of in the sanitary sewer system.
NATURAL GAS FUELING STATIONS
- The market leader is ready to help.
- We became the market leader because we are able to best
implement your wishes and needs in tailor-made systems and special solutions
with the ideal cost-benefit ratio. Our specialists advise and support you in
every phase of the project, right from the very beginning. Manufacture,
delivery and assembly – all from a single source. That makes life easy for
you. And we don’t leave you out in the cold after commissioning, either.
Drawing on our tight network of service contractors all across the country,
we have set up service capacities that ensure the fastest response times.
- As a leading manufacturer we offer compressor stations,
CNG pumps and accessories. Since we played a major role in the development
of natural gas refueling technology, we have the know-how and the capacities
needed to bring your project to fruition – on time, economically, and at the
Our systems for refueling passenger cars, buses and utility vehicles with
natural gas combine experience in conventional service station technology
with the latest in process technologies. This results in fully automatic CNG
fueling systems in full compliance with the state of the art.
- Compressors with inlet pressures in a range from
0.02 to 70 bar
- Delivery velocities of between 15 and 3,000 mS³/h
- Reinforced concrete buildings (65 dB(A)) or containerized steel
housings (50 dB(A))
- Storage facilities in a three-section tank system, 300 bar
- Regulation with Siemens S7 PLC, with plain-text touch screen and
- Fully automatic (self-sufficient) dispensers, with one to four hoses
meeting NGV1 / NGV2 standards
PRESSURE BOOSTER SYSTEMS FOR GASES
- There aren’t many who can stand up to pressure. We
Whenever high-pressure gases are needed continuously and where the
pressure in the local grid is not adequate – or where special-purposes gases
are to be drawn from gas cylinder manifolds – compressor units will have to
be provided for compression and conveyance. When designing the equipment
required for this purpose, we can make use of our broad-based experience in
technology for natural gas and hydrogen fueling. Here, too, we can deliver
all the components from a single source.
Simple and compact systems are used to supply burners, heating and test beds
(in the automotive industry, for instance). In combination with buffer
storage similar to the configuration used in natural gas filling stations, a
variety of pressure levels and volumetric flow rates can be realized.
- Our supply and performance spectrum:
Compressor stations to boost the pressures of gases such as natural gas
- Compact systems in sheet steel containers, attaining final pressures
of up to 350 bar
- Compressor output in compact systems of from 15 to 160 mS³/h
- Buffer storage in a multiple manifold design to achieve differing
pressure levels, for instance
- Gas pressure regulation systems as well as units for fine pressure
regulation, in a range of ±50 mbar
- The stations can also be combined, in addition, with
natural gas dispenser pumps that can be parameterized for fueling either
with natural gas or with special gases or for extracting gases from a tank.
Here a variety of pressures and fill volumes can be preselected and
maintained precisely. We offer tailor-made solutions for compressing,
storing and regulating gases in stand-alone stations and for location in
GAS MIXING PLANTS
- Gases are not always suitable by their very nature
... but we make them fit.
The large selection of gases in industry is often not sufficient to find
the optimal composition for production or a process. In particular,
accompanying substances can cause problems and must be removed or minimized.
We offer the treatment of gases in a variety of areas. This may include
drying and gas mixing. This can mean simple but also complex tasks and
requires extensive knowledge in this area.
GAS MIXING PLANTS
- We have had this experience for decades. We can offer you
the following services:
In combination with our versatile pressure boosting systems, tailor-made solutions can be flexibly developed in the field of gas-technical plant engineering and in the accustomed quality of our products.
It goes without saying that our systems comply with the current state of the art such as technical regulations, BetrSichV, the pressure equipment directive PED 97/23/EG, UVV as well as the relevant DIN/ EN/ ISO standards and have all the necessary tests and approvals.
- Gas mixing plants for the molecularly accurate adjustment of gas
qualities, e.g. for the supply of test benches, gas burners, heating
systems/furnace plants or firing tables
- Gas treatment/ removal of impurities e.g. via gas scrubbing,
membrane technology, cooling and precipitation
- Drying of gases in all pressure ranges
- Dosing devices gas/gas or gas/liquid
- Gas composition measurement, e.g. with PGC or continuous analysis,
including sample gas preparation
- Generation of nitrogen or oxygen to adjust calorific values or Wobbe
index or to carburize fuel gases
- Addition of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG)
- further solutions for your special task
Solid-/ Liquid Substances
- Safety isn’t a matter of witchcraft. Instead, it’s the
result of decades of experience, ongoing employee training, technically
correct planning procedures right through to assembly and turnkey transfer
of tank systems of any size for the storage and distribution of flammable
and non-flammable gases and substances that could endanger groundwater. To
ensure that this standard is maintained at all times, our experienced
service team is available for your support.
- The activities of Schwelm Anlagentechnik GmbH include
planning, delivery and assembly, and all this requires a high degree of
operational safety. This is true for a number of industries, including
chemicals, energy, automotive, petroleum, paints and enamels, and others.
Decades of experience and continuous employee training guarantee technically
correct planning procedures, right through to assembly and turnkey transfer.
This is true both for small orders from private customers and large
contracts placed by renowned corporations. Thus we can create storage
facilities ranging from a few cubic meters, serving as buffer storage for
subsequent processing steps, but also large tank farms to supply large
chemical plants. We do all of this while continuously taking current
legislation into account, which means that our systems are equipped with all
the required safety and surveillance equipment.
Right from the initial planning phases, you can draw upon our expertise to
ensure a safe and profitable system design. The realization of the concept
thus worked out includes detailed planning, including the documentation
associated with applications for permits. Experienced engineers are on hand
to execute this detailed planning. They render their planning services for
all process-related and electrical aspects at the most modern CAD
- In addition to a selection of materials for the storage
vessels suitable to hold a diversity of chemicals, the associated equipment
– such as pumps, valves and piping systems – will have to be matched to the
same needs. This is also true for the storage conditions. In some cases
heated, insulated vessels are required; for other substances inside coatings
may be required in order to prevent corrosion.
We build the switching systems, including the power output sections and
controls, for all the safety equipment – from the overfill prevention device
to the illumination. All the electrical wiring is also a part of the scope
of our delivery and services. Additional equipment such as a cathodic
corrosion prevention system guarantee decades of satisfactory use. Our
standards of service are listed below:
- Certification as a specialist
company in the sense of § 62 AwS; certification as per DIN ISO 9001 ff.
- Our own assemblers with SCC (Safety Certified
- Contractor) training, with the appropriate certificates and license
for all types of welding work guarantee technically correct completion
- Quick and reliable service carried out by trained repair and
- A full tank on its own is no help to you. The
product has to get to the customers.
- Our transloading technology represents the link between
the tank and the transport medium, regardless of what that might be: railway
tank car, tank truck, containers or even inland and ocean-going tankers.
None of this poses any problems for us. We are just as resourceful in
transloading acids, caustic solutions, petroleum products, liquefied gas,
solvents and other flowable substances – regardless of whether top or bottom
loading is your preference. Since special regulations have to be observed
when loading or unloading liquid and gaseous substances at vehicles equipped
with tanks, these should be taken account of even in the initial planning
phases. Later they could endanger both permit issuance, realization and
- We would be happy to support you. With our tank terminals
we offer you here, again, everything from a single source and naturally at
excellent value for money:
- Versions for up to 150 mm I.D.
- Materials compatible with the substances being handled; PTFE linings
- With dual arms or corrugated hose for recovery of hazardous vapors
- Telescoping fill pipe for bottom loading
- For operating temperatures from 40°C to +250°C and operating
pressures of up to 40 bar
- Trace heating using steam, heat transfer oil or electricity
- Piggable versions for cleaning once transfer has been made
- Equipment with safety couplers or dry couplers
- We supply not only the filling arms, but also the
infrastructure required for terminal work, including:
In addition, we can offer auxiliary features such as the catchment sumps as
per TRwS 786 (Technical Rules for Substances Hazardous to Groundwater),
truck scales, marshalling systems, etc. We carry out this work in
conjunction with highly competent partner companies.
- Steel platforms to accept the terminal equipment
- Folding stairs for mounting the tank trucks
- Folding safety stairs with protective cage for mounting tank trunks
with enhanced safety
- Safety equipment to monitor loading and discharging
- Pumping stations for every delivery range
- Pumping and metering systems with corresponding controls
- Gravimetric or volumetric metering systems
- Versions suitable for calibration, with interfaces to company
- Utilization in areas subject to explosion hazard
METERING, BLENDING AND PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY
- Everything from a single source. That includes
everything from consulting and engineering and on through to turnkey
transfer of a production system – this is our guiding concept. We support
you with the construction of systems incorporating high-quality technology.
This advanced and innovative production system will help strengthen your
market position – profitably, safely and in tune with the environment. Our
systems truly speak for themselves – in every production phase, from raw
materials storage and through to production and ultimately filling.
- Experienced and creative project teams provide consulting
services and prepare a concept for the process technology that is tailored
to your needs and your pocketbook. When implementing these solutions that we
have worked out together, we assume responsibility for coordinating the
individual subcontractors and thus guarantee smooth project execution.
As a conventional plant engineering company with a claim to industrial
quality, we feel obliged to hand over to our customers (the ultimate
operator) a safe production plant that not only corresponds to the operating
safety regulations, but is also economical and thus profitable. Modern plant
engineering with the objective of achieving cost-favorable, efficient
production makes our customers strong in the competitive arena.
The projects we realize range from simple in-line blending units to complete
paint and enamel factories. Continuous training for our staff in the fields
of planning and assembly ensure technically correct and thus high-quality
- Our best product: the individualized, all-round
No matter whether it’s a question of new construction,
rebuilding or modernization, we cover every area:
- Storage facilities
for raw materials, semi-finished products, and finished products in
solid and liquid form
- Piping systems to supply production facilities, coating systems and
- Gravimetric and volumetric metering plants in every size, from small
volume metering for a few grams to large quantities in tank trucks
- Metering systems set up for any concept from manual operation right
through to recipe-controlled automatic stations
- Customized blending and mixing plants for dispersion and
- Delivering materials, both feedstocks and semi-finished products, to
supply manufacturing processes
- Electrical equipment, from power distribution panels to complete,
process-controlled production plants
- Agitator containers in various designs
- Dissolver plants in every capacity range
- Visualization systems that offer both monitoring and immediate
intervention in ongoing production processes
LIQUEFIED GAS SYSTEMS
- One of the basic technologies employed by Schwelm
Eisenwerke is alive and well in our operations today.
We offer you everything from a single source: From planning to erecting tank
systems for the distribution of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) for private,
commercial and public operation and for filling LPG-powered vehicles. For
the professional world we represent a well-known and trusted firm.
- Preliminary work such as drawing up plans, flow schematics, and cost
- Planning work, determining the space and capital requirements,
- Preparing applications to be submitted to public authorities and
coordination with the surveillance office (e.g. TÜV)
- Engineering for vessels and equipment in accordance with German and
- Detailed planning and execution of the overall project
LIQUEFIED GAS SYSTEMS
- The appropriate solution is worked out for every material
to be stored, for every storage purpose and for every storage facility size.
Pressure vessels with capacities of up to 450 m² are suitable for both
above-ground and underground storage. Every storage capacity needed in
practice can be achieved with the perfect combination of container size and
To meet the specific task at hand, plants may be equipped with stations for
withdrawal from railway tank cars or from tank trucks. The vessels are
emptied either with the intrinsic pressure of the gas or using compression
stations. Special transfer stations serve to forward the LPG for
transportation with tank trucks, barges or ships, and in gas cylinders. The
product can be supplied for utilization by the individual units by
increasing the pressure in the gas phase by way of vaporization and
regulation stations. Here, for instance, heating systems are supplied in the
same way as industrial furnaces and other heat-intensive production systems.
Inherent to each individual project are decades of experience in the
appropriate industry and that experience is applied in systematic fashion.
Especially where propane and butane, the environment-friendly energy
sources, are to be used for heating or to generate process heat, LPG
equipment built by Schwelm Anlagentechnik GmbH has proven its value.
References - SAMPLE PROJECTS
SOLID-/ LIQUID SUBSTANCES