Loading the player ...
- Offer Profile
- Piab provides smart solutions
for the automated world, helping thousands of end users and machine
producers in e-commerce logistics, food, pharma, automotive and other
manufacturing industries to improve energy-efficiency, productivity and
With almost 500 employees and SEK 1.2bn in sales 2018, Piab is a global
organization, serving customers in almost 70 countries from a network of
subsidiaries and distributors. By leveraging the ongoing technological
development in automation and robotics, and targeting high-growth segments
and geographies, Piab's vision is to become the global leader in gripping
and moving solutions.
End Of Arm Tooling (EOAT)
- The EOAT and gripper systems are used to design
robotic end-effector tools, ergonomic tools or fixture tools for use on all
types of automation equipment. The tooling consists of connecting parts for
welded frames or extruded profiles and swivel arm assemblies, grippers with
a choice of various “function” attachments. Some function attachments
include a vacuum ejector that is based on the latest COAX® technology. Piab
provides both round and square EOAT as there are advantages with both
options. To maximise the flexibility, our components are modular and
adjustable and can be combined into a specific tool from the components.
With our great expertise we can also provide tailor made solutions for
various applications in the automotive, plastics and food industries.
- Components for packaging, palletizing and automotive
plastic injection moulding end-of-arm tooling (EOAT).
Piab Modular Automation Tooling (PMAT)
- Elements tailored for vacuum-based end-of-arm tools and
fixtures found in the automotive body-assembly and final assembly. Construct
your own vacuum end effector tool with the selection of our great assortment
of function attachments and swivel arm options by using the configurator.
Flexible Suction Cup Mount
- Configurable family of Flexible Suction Cup Mount,
elements tailored for vacuum-based end-of-arm tools and fixtures found in
the automotive body-assembly and final assembly.
Advanced gripping solutions
- Advanced gripping solutions are complete gripper
systems for specific application areas. The ready-to-go grippers are
designed to be installed directly on the robot arm or tool changer. Several
mounting interface options, in accordance with ISO-9409-1, are available,
making it easy to install on most robot brands. The grippers are made of
lightweight materials but still durable. They have predefined components and
functions which will suit the target application perfectly. Piab’s advanced
gripping solutions will simplify and even eliminate engineering time for
grippers, make installation easier and secure that state-of-the-art
components are used and dimensioned correctly to achieve maximum performance
and productivity for the customer. Some grippers are especially designed and
approved by Universal Robots.
piCOBOT® vacuum gripper unit
- Certified by Universal Robots, piCOBOT® is a vacuum ejector unit with integrated controls, large visual status indicators and a user-friendly display.
piSOFTGRIP® vacuum-driven soft gripper
- Lightweight vacuum-driven soft gripper for sensitive and delicate objects, developed especially with food industry automation in mind.
KCS Cobot gripper
- KCS series represents a flexible gripper solution tailor-made for collaborative robots (so called cobots). It is characterized by its flexibility to handle a great variety of objects. Available with foam technology and flow control restrictors or as a bag handling gripper.
- Using suction cups is a lifting technique of many
possibilities. You can, for example, handle board materials or concrete
slabs, open bags, pick electronic components, label and hold objects. But
different applications need different requirements. Piab offers one of the
market's widest ranges of suction cups so that each application will have
its own solution. You are welcome to tell us about your needs. We are your
partner whatever your needs might be.
- High friction suction cup for flat surfaces. For lifting
products such as cardboard, glass and metal sheets.
- Designed for flat and curved surfaces.
- Suitable for height differences and slightly uneven or
- For height differences, slightly curved planes and uneven
- Used for curved and irregular surfaces. Can lift even
over corners and edges. Not suitable to use on flat surfaces.
- A good choice for domed surfaces, both convex and
concave. Provides a good grip over the edges and corners.
- Forms well on flat or slightly curved surfaces.
- The oval suction cups are suitable for handling of long
and narrow objects and surfaces when maximum lifting force is desired. Oval
suction cups are specially suitable for irregular surfaces and when level
compensation is desired. This program of oval suction cups has
characteristics that are specially suited for handling of metal-sheet
- Oval suction cups are specially suitable for long and
- Suitable for handling long objects with flat or curved
surfaces. Thick, durable lip.
- The rectangular suction cups are recommended for handling
of long and narrow objects and surfaces when maximum lifting force and grip
are desired. The rectangular bellows suction cups are especially suitable
for products in plastic flow packs, such as candy bars, and when level
compensation is desired.
- Suitable for heavy textured surfaces, objects with
relief/embossing and generally very rough surfaces, such as raw wood or
structured shower plexi glass. It can handle up to a few mm in height
differences with very good sealing capability. The material of the rough
surface lip is a long-wearing natural foam rubber that is free from
Kenos® Vacuum gripping systems
- Kenos® is a leading brand for large area vacuum
grippers. It is designed and optimized to be used in various applications
e.g. packaging, wood, food etc. The product group represents a flexible
solution for the handling manipulation of several products with different
shapes, dimensions and compactness. Most of the gripping systems can be
equipped with integrated vacuum generation or suitable for separated vacuum
generation (Pump or Side channel blower). The integrated vacuum generator is
a modular multi-stage COAX® ejector of easy maintenance and the market's
most energy efficient ejector technology. The number of ejectors can also
very simply be increased even after the installation if necessary. The mat
of the KVG gripping system is made of a technical foam (FDA mat approved
available), with different pitch holes and thickness. As an alternative
KVG120C can be equipped with suction cups, size 35-60 mm from the DURAFLEX®
or Value Line® series.
KCS Cobot gripper
- KCS series represents a flexible gripper solution
tailor-made for collaborative robots (so called cobots). It is characterized
by its flexibility to handle a great variety of objects. Available with foam
technology and flow control restrictors or as a bag handling gripper.
- KVG series represents a flexible solution for the
handling manipulation of several products with different shapes, dimensions
and compactness due to the double technology available.
- Kenos® Heavy Vacuum KHVG series products, are designed
for heavy duty applications in the wood and stone industry.
- KSG series products, Kenos® Sack Gripper, are suitable to
handle sacks with different shapes, weights and materials.
- KBC series products, Kenos® Bag Cup, born from the need
of handling in the food industry and handling liquid bags they are suitable
also with flow pack applications.
- KVGL-S product series, Kenos® Vacuum Grip - per Layer –
Standard, looks at the wide world of packaging, end line automation and
- Kenos® Vacuum Layer – Cans Jars, born for the need to
handle the complete layer of cans, jars that can be open or closed on the
- Different accessories to optimize Kenos® Vacuum gripping
Vacuum conveyors for powder & bulk
- Vacuum is used with great advantage in conveying dry
powder products through dedicated pipe systems. Piab's vacuum conveying
systems are built of high quality material. When producing food,
pharmaceuticals and chemical products there are demands on the highest
possible degree of safety as to hygiene and operation. Piab's piFLOW®
conveyors have been developed as an answer to the severe requirements of
operational safety and hygiene in the food, pharmaceutical and chemical
industries. Piab conveyors are ATEX Dust certified. piFLOW®p and piFLOW®t
are ATEX Gas certified. All conveyors are available with either an ejector
driven vacuum pump or with a mechanical pump.
Premium – piFLOW®p
- This is a conveyor when a premium technology is needed, e.g. in the food and pharmaceutical industry. It also makes sense when there is a big demand on high throughput performance with a small foot print. The piFLOW®p capacity range is very big – from 2 litres batch volume up to 56 litres. All conveyors are available with either an ejector driven vacuum pump or with a mechanical pump.
Tablet – piFLOW®t
- This is a conveyor when a premium technology is needed especially to handle tablets or fragile products in the food, nutraceutical and pharmaceutical industries. It also makes sense when there is a big demand on high throughput performance with a small foot print. The piFLOW®t capacity range is quite large – suitable for transporting up to four million tablets per hour.
Food grade – piFLOW®f
- This is a conveyor widely used in the industry where food grade quality is a demand. This conveyor is often used as an alternative to mechanical conveyors when there is a requirement for dust free conveying or low maintenance. Capacity up to 4 tons/h. All conveyors are available with either an ejector driven vacuum pump or with a mechanical pump.
Industrial – piFLOW®i
- This is a conveyor widely used in the general industry and sometimes in the chemical industry. It has a high throughput performance as well as a small foot print. Capacity up to 4 tons/h. All conveyors are available with either an ejector driven vacuum pump or with a mechanical pump.
- The vacuum conveyor is reliable and requires a minimum of maintenance. It is, however, necessary to regularly change some of the parts to maintain maximum productivity.
- Different accessories to optimize your vacuum conveyor.
Upgrade kit for C conveyors
- Extend the lifetime of your existing C conveyor. The upgrade kit makes it possible to upgrade the old C conveyor series to the piFLOW®p platform. The kit is a plug-and–play assembly for a quick change over.
Ergonomic handling solutions
- Ergonomic handling solutions are available to meet the
demands of all kinds of applications and can lift almost any type of
product; parcels, baggage, sacks/bags, boards, glass, kegs/barrels, bottles,
food, stone, windows etc. Depending on its purpose it is available in
various number of combinations. With standard, as well as custom made
suction feet with its high-quality suction cups, you can lift almost
everything. As is proven to reduce strain injuries, being user friendly as
well as keeping top quality promises, it will increase productivity of the
- piLIFT® SMART is the first vacuum lifter ever that meets the needs of industry 4.0. The usability, flexibility and data management capability put it in a category of its own. Combining the best of vacuum lifting technology with 76% less energy consumption, minimal sound levels and smart data features, the quick and intuitive piLIFT® SMART is truly a leap forward.
- Vaculex® TP is extremely versatile and handles a great variety of goods in size, shape and weight. It grips the goods from any side, requires minimal training to operate and you can easily rotate either the lift or the goods 360º to place it where required. Standard max weight is 40 kg which can be increased to 65 kg. The Vaculex® TP family includes TPH, TP Scale, TP BaggageLift and TP Combi.
- Vaculex® VL is the user-friendly and powerful lifter, operated with two hands, mostly used in general industry where the need for specialized heavy-duty tools are common. Vaculex® VL can lift almost anything between 30 and 250 kg. With the right combination of accessories Vaculex® VL can lift multiple objects at once, tilt and rotate goods.
Vaculex® ML is a one hand operated vacuum lifter which is easily customized to
adapt to most handling situations with loads weighing between 5 and 70 kg. This
series offers large possibilities to choose between a range of different control
handles, suction feet and other options to optimize the lifting system for your
specific handling situation.
- Piab vacuum pumps/vacuum generators are predominately
based on the patented COAX® technology. COAX® is an advanced solution for
creating vacuum with compressed air. Based on Piab’s multistage technology,
COAX® cartridges are smaller, more efficient and more reliable than
conventional vacuum ejectors, which allow for the design of a flexible,
modular and efficient vacuum system. A vacuum system based on COAX®
technology can provide you with three times more vacuum flow than
conventional systems, allowing you to increase speed with high reliability
while reducing energy consumption.
- Compact/Stackable pumps are air-driven multistage ejector families, based on the COAX® technology, which comes with integrated controls and special functions, such as on/off valve, Blow-off valve, vacuum switch, energy saving function etc.. They are configurable platforms, making it easy to specify the exact control functions needed for the system.
Decentralized vacuum ejectors
- piINLINE® and piSTAMP - The decentralized vacuum ejectors
are especially common in automotive and stamping applications ,
electronic/semiconductor pick-and-place applications, dedicated packaging
equipment, injection-molding automation and unloading/loading metal forming
machines (bending, punching and laser-cutting).
Combined pump and gripper (VGS™)
- Piab VGS™ – A product design where different suction cups can be integrated with vacuum cartridges based on the patented COAX® technology. The “vacuum gripper” makes selection, sizing and installation of a vacuum system easier. With a VGS™ you will enjoy the benefits of a more cost-efficient and reliable decentralized vacuum system.
- COAX® is an advanced solution for creating vacuum with compressed air. Based on Piab’s multistage technology, COAX® cartridges are smaller, more efficient and more reliable than conventional ejectors, which allows for the design of a flexible, modular and efficient vacuum system.
- These are pumps of a standard (classic) design and covers from very small chip pumps to big capacity pumps. Most of the pumps would have the COAX® cartridges, A vacuum system based on COAX® technology can provide you with three times more vacuum flow than conventional systems, allowing you to increase speed with high reliability, while reducing energy consumption.
- These units combines high security and the most energy-efficient solution for sealed material, COAX® technology with automatic air-saving function. They have a check valve which traps vacuum in sealed applications and an integrated energy saving device which results in virtually no energy consumption.
- These pumps are Piabs traditional vacuum pumps developed to be used within the chemical industry and or chemically aggressive environments.
- Different groups of products to enhance, improve or complete your selected pump.
- Our line of monitoring and control units for vacuum
systems is unmatched when it comes to reliability. We focus on the overall
solution, down to the last detail. We are fully aware that top quality
components are as essential as designing vacuum pumps and suction cups that
are in a class apart. You will find everything you need to monitor and
control vacuum systems here. Reliability, economy and accurate
control/monitoring are the common denominators.
- Our piSAVE® products are a group of products that has as a function to save energy in various applications. The piSAVE® products enhance an existing vacuum system; either at the suction cup or at the vacuum source.
- Our line includes inductive universal, electro-mechanical and pneumatic vacuum switches that are pre-set or adjustable.
- To filter dust and other small particles from the vacuum flow. Reduces the risk of operation breakdown or stoppage in the pump.
- Adjust differences in levels, for example on lifting devices with several suction cups. There is then less demand for exact positioning of vacuum handling device. Level compensators will also provides a certain degree of shock and vibration absorption.
- The mounting element programme consists of mounting brackets, height adjusters, level compensators and suction cup extensions, level compensators and also a complete configurable family of Flexible Suction Cup Mount.
- Different vacuum pumps need different feed pressure for optimum performance. A filter regulator can easily be manually set to a desired pressure level, and be used to eliminate particles from the compressed air. A pilot regulator can be used to automatically set the feed pressure according to your needs.
- Reduce noise from exhaust with a flow-through design.
- Choose between solenoid, electrically or vacuum-controlled valves. The vacuum controlled valve (Vacustat) shuts off the flow of compressed air to the pump when the pre-set level is reached, and consequently the consumption of compressed air is minimised.
- A variety of fittings for suction cups.
- To avoid bending stress, a suction cup can be fitted with a ball joint.
- The entire Value Line® program consists of suction
cups and vacuum ejectors. Value Line® suction cups are developed for
standard/basic applications. The suction cups have a long thin lip and
provide good sealing on slightly corrugated surfaces (such as corrugated
cardboard). The Value Line® vacuum ejectors are available in three different
designs, the traditional inline that can be installed directly on the hose
close to the point of suction, the T-design that allows exhaust air to be
piped away and the aluminium block version. The T-design is also suitable
for clean-room environment. The aluminium block version is easy to install
into many existing systems. Typical applications for this product line are
case/carton erectors with other examples such as equipment for
loading/unloading or sorting sheets into metal forming machines (laser
cutting, water jet, punching etc.) and parts removal from injection moulds.
Suction cups Value Line®
- Value Line® suction cups are suitable for standard/basic
applications. The suction cups show good performance at a value price.
- Light weight and small sized vacuum ejectors with
integrated push-in fittings or thread connection. The vacuum ejectors will
show up to 30% energy saving compared to a similar competitor ejector.
Accessories Value Line®
- Value Line® suction cups sizes 20-60mm (all
- Corresponding imperial or metric fittings
- Corresponding straight connector, angle connector and hose
- All four Value Line® ejectors
- Suction cups crossover list Value Line® vs. Vi-Cas
- Piab provides smart solutions for the automated world,
helping thousands of end users and machine producers in e-commerce
logistics, food, pharma, automotive and other manufacturing industries to
improve energy-efficiency, productivity and working environments.
Bulk & powder transfer
- Piab vacuum conveyors are used in powder and bulk applications.
Gripping, lifting & holding
- Piab products are used in gripping, lifting and holding applications.
- Piab products are used in packaging applications.
- Piab has developed and implemented Vaculex® solutions to
solve the manual handling problems.
- Piab products are used in process vacuum applications.
- Use the application configurators to input your
parameters and the output will be a suggested Piab solution.