We have been producing machine tools in Reutlingen since 1888. However, we are not just one of many manufacturers; we have repeatedly gained international recognition as a driving force.
BURKHARDT+WEBER built the first transfer line in Europe in 1951 and introduced the world's first NC-controlled machining centre in 1959 - at the time with punched tape control. BW was one of the pioneers in digital control technology, had the first true rack magazine and is to this day a world leader in tool magazine technology – often copied, never equalled, the automatic tool extension and many, many other developments that are typically BW.
Today, 250 employees continue this long tradition of producing large, high-precision and highly customised machining centres. Continuous training and use of the latest CAD and ERP systems ensure our technical edge.
Since 2012, BURKHARDT+WEBER has been part of Indústrias Romi S.A., Brazil's largest machine tool manufacturer.
Every machining centre is planned according the customer’s requirement. The main objective is the optimum process solution. This includes the reduction of clamping, 5-side-machining, integration of necessary technologies – with the target to get the work piece pre-finished and fast from the BW-machine. Milled, drilled, turned, deep-hole drilled, deburred and measured.
Machining centres from BURKHARDT+WEBER are applied in following sections and branches: aerospace, drive technology, diesel engines, printing machines, electric motors manufacturing, power generation, gas- and oil industry, upmarket machine building, gear manufacturing, wood working machines, hydraulics and compressors, plastics machine manufacturing, mining, commercial vehicles, precision machine building, packing machines, rolling mills, machine tools.
strong. precise. customized. digital. – Our solid, high-precise and customisable machining centres machine your work pieces, without any compromises!