Bound to tradition - Commited to the future
Escher's collection contents a wide range of technical fabrics with different parameters.
Christian Eschler Senior found a mechanical circular knitting plant in St.Gallen-Bruggen that moved to Bühler/AR in 1935.
Take-over of Lehr AG, curtain manufacturers, in Münchwilen/TG and transfer of the warp knitting department to these premises.
Another intensive refurbishing and reconstruction phase began with inauguration of a new wastewater purification plant. 1982: the dyeing plant was extended; 1984/85: new boiler house constructed and office wing enlarged; 1990: new wings for laminating and printing in Münchwilen and in 1995 in Frommern/Germany - for the cotton warping plant.
With Alex and Peter Eschler - as well as Matthias Eschler at Eschler Textil GmbH in Frommern/Germany - the third generation assumed management. Also in 1996, total committment to environmental protection lead to the addition of a new exhaust air treatment plant and a new building for the storage of chemicals.