- Offer Profile
- The Kohlbach group ist THE
innovator and dynamic engineering company in biomass-plant construction with
locations in Austria, Germany, France and Croatia.
A family-operated company with over 250 employees and more than 60 years of
experiences in increasing benefits.
Already in 1946 company founder
Jakob Kohlbach was creating benefit by converting supposedly worthless
war-era scrap into usable products. Groundbreaking developments in the use
of energy from biomass, as well as patents, prizes, awards and economic
success followed in due course.
Over the years, more than 1000 Kohlbach plants have been commissioned in 21
countries. This includes heat supply systems for rural schools in Scotland,
sawmills in Siberia. And also cogeneration plants for tourist resorts in the
Tyrol as well as for timber industry in Germany.
- Kohlbach’s water, steam and thermal oil boilers are
available from 400 kW to 18.000 kW for all natural wood residues and related
fuels. They are equipped with our moving grate combustion, under grate
furnaces or with our special purpose furnaces in proven Kohlbach quality.
For years Kohlbach has also made extensive use of a variety of technologies
for the combine generation of power and heat. Whether with the innovative
ORC-technology or with conventional steam processes, we always provide
customers with economically reasonable cogeneration-solutions.
All necessary plant components such as biomass fuel logistics, filter
systems and control systems are supplied by Kohlbach. Our services comprise
planning and engineering, manufacturing and assembly as well as the start up
of plants, operator training and boiler maintenance.
Biomass boiler operators find with Kohlbach a competent partner for all
their requisites. With Kohlbach you receive service and maintenance for your
plants, but also necessary refurbishments for any biomass boiler system.
Likewise, we offer you modernizations of boilers, backfitting as well as
technology upgrades for existing biomass heating plants.
- Unlike "homogenized" fossil fuels, regenerative fuels
require decades-long experience in regard to the chemical composition, size,
and legal provisions.
An extremely wide variety of fuels can be used in our plants: The spectrum
of fuels comprises wood biomass such as chips, shavings, landscaping
residues, dry sawmill waste, pellets and saw dust. But also agrarian biomass
like corn cobs, straw, cacao husks, miscanthus, olive pits, food waste, etc.
are included in this spectrum.
The combustion systems which are used are individually adapted to the
respective fuel and provide an optimal burn-off of each combustion material.
Comfort and process heating
- Kohlbach biomass boiler plants assure a reliable
and efficient supply of heat from 400 to 18,000 kW per module:
• Warm/hot water boilers: Warm water up to 110 °C and hot water up to 200
°C, 2 or 3 pass
• Steam boilers: from 0.5 to 40 bar, steam temperatures up to 450 °C
• Thermal oil boilers: Process heat at high temperature levels (supply
temperatures >150 °C to 315 °C)
The generated heat is used either as comfort heat
for schools, hospitals, district-heating schemes, as well as to supply
process heat for kilns, dairies, breweries, and other industrial users.
Cogeneration – Heat & power
- The simultaneous generation of electricity and heat from
biomass is the crown in biomass utilisation. For
this, Kohlbach boilers are designed in capacity ranges attuned to commonly
available turbine sizes:
• High-pressure steam boilers for steam turbines and engines: Flue gas
boilers (shell boilers) up to 40 bar or water tube boilers for even higher
pressure levels, 6,000 kW or higher
• Thermal oil boiler plants for ORC technology
(Organic Rankine Cycle): for
small combined heat and power plants ranging from 200-2200kW electric and
low pressure operation
- With Kohlbach furnaces developed, manufactured and
assembled exclusively in our company, all natural wood residues from dry to
very wet may be used. The maximum furnace output per unit goes up to 18000
Available furnaces range from under grate furnaces for dry, low ash content
fuels over modern moving grate furnaces for ash-rich and wet fuels to
special purpose furnaces for straw burning.
A multiple-tiered air supply in the primary combustion
zones enable Kohlbach furnaces to keep within the limits of NOx emission
Through the generous design of the secondary combustion- zones in Kohlbach
boilers, the CO emissions can be reduced down to the limit of detection.
- Due to our substantial experience, Kohlbach is the ideal
partner for operators of existing boiler plants. Kohlbach’s optimization for
all biomass heating
- Biomass fuel logistic with new reliable shearing
technology for heterogeneous combustibles
- Reinforcement of material infeeds of grate
- Upgrade of combustion chambers to the current
moving grate technology for fully automated operation
- Automatic ash removal from within the combustion chamber to the disposal
- Optimization of the emission through reconfiguration and upgrade of
combustion air supply
- Retrofitting with fully automated boiler cleaning systems
- Modernization of control systems for reduction of power consumption and
for increased efficiency