Loading the player ...
- Offer Profile
- Our expertise is built on the development, design and manufacture of bearings, seals and lubrication systems. And we also provide machine health assessment, engineering and remanufacturing services. But what we’re really offering is an arena for innovation – an opportunity for our customers to use the tools we provide to explore, improve or rethink the performance of their rotating equipment. A place where even the smallest adjustment can make a big difference.
Decarbonizing in progress
Reaching net zero
We have been working on the climate issue for many years. We have a proven track record, and we are confident that we will reach our climate goals:
- By 2030, all our production facilities, all over the world, will have net zero greenhouse gas emissions.
- By 2050, our full supply chain, from materials to the delivery of our products and solutions, will be net zero.
Reaching these goals requires major focus and commitment from people within our own operations and from those working at our suppliers, throughout the full value chain. And we’re off to a good start. Take a moment to discover some recent initiatives and achievements from around the world.
Discover the complete SKF portfolio
- Rolling bearings support and guide rotating or oscillating machine elements – such as shafts, axles or wheels – and transfer loads between machine components. They provide high precision and low friction and therefore enable high rotational speeds while reducing noise, heat, energy consumption and wear. Rolling bearings are cost-effective and exchangeable machine elements that typically follow national or international dimension standards.
Explore our wide assortment of rolling bearings, accessories and services that best meet your specific performance needs.
Mounted bearings and housings
- Mounted bearings and housings with rolling bearings support a rotating shaft, which can be bolted on a machine frame or any other substructure. There is no need to precisely machine a bearing housing in a surrounding casing. This makes these solutions cost-efficient and easy to use, while providing full rolling bearing performance.
- With high running accuracy, high-speed performance and high system rigidity, SKF super-precision bearings are ideal for machine tools and other precision applications such as rolling mills, racing cars and marine vessels. The bearings also minimize noise, vibration and heat generation.
With the widest assortment available, you get a choice of bearings to suit your specific performance need. We also offer bearing customization and global access to our application knowledge as well as service centres in 15 countries spread around the world.
Our assortment includes SKF’s trademarked NitroMax steel grade (for certain designs) giving you three times longer service life than standard steel bearings. We also provide hybrid bearings with ceramic rolling elements, particularly suited for high-speed applications.
- Slewing bearings comprise an inner ring and an outer ring, one of which usually incorporates a gear. Together with attachment holes in both rings, they enable an optimized power transmission with a simple and quick connection between adjacent machine components. The bearing raceways, in conjunction with the rolling elements and cages or spacers, are designed to accommodate loads acting singly or in combination, and in any direction.
SKF manufactures standard and customized slewing bearings in various designs, with outside diameters from 0,1 to 18 m to meet the demands of particular applications.
- For applications with multi-directional, self-aligning movements
Explore the SKF plain bearings, rod ends and bushings that meet your application's needs, as well as delivering high reliability, long service life and minimal maintenance.
Plain bearings are used in many industries and across many applications where there is a need to cost-efficiently and reliably meet the challenge of oscillating movements and possible misalignment. From mining and construction equipment, farm and forestry machinery, all the way to forklift trucks and solar power equipment.
Magnetic bearings and systems
- Levitate your rotation with contactless, magnetic bearing solutions
SKF Magnetic bearings and systems are ideal for applications demanding high speeds and low vibration. With no physical contact, there’s no need for lubrication, repair or bearing changes. Low energy consumption, active management, repositioning and built-in vibration management are also benefits of magnetic bearings and systems.
SKF offers 130,000 magnetic bearings and high-speed electric motor references in operation across many industries. We know how magnetic bearings and industrial processes are interrelated and can help you overcome your most important challenges. With us, you can find cost and energy-efficient and reliable solutions for the entire product life cycle.
- Sealing solutions for enhanced system performance
Seals have a crucial impact on system performance. By choosing SKF Seals, you can make a difference to the capability, durability and performance of your equipment - reduce friction, extend maintenance intervals and achieve greater value while increasing sustainability. With a seal by its side, there’s nothing our bearings can’t do.
Backed by more than 100 years of industrial application experience, SKF sees every sealing challenge as an opportunity to boost performance. Our customers benefit from our unmatched understanding of both the interaction between bearings, seals and lubrication, as well as the dynamics of reciprocating systems.
For example CR Seals has been setting performance and service life standards for industrial and automotive shaft seals. CR Seals has also been part of SKF since 1990, a span during which we’ve developed new materials, manufacturing processes and designs to create some of the most robust seals on the market.
- Solutions for traditional and next generation vehicles
Driven by increasing environmental awareness and increasingly stringent emissions legislation, the automotive industry is going through a period of unprecedented change. .
Wherever you need to prevent leakage, exclude contaminants, contain pressure or reduce friction, our mission is to help you find the right sealing solution for your particular application requirements and commercial needs.
Therefore, we offer an extensive range of seals for engine, driveline, suspension and wheel-end applications in both traditional and hybrid/electric vehicles.
- Lubrication matters. But do you know how much?
For every industry, lubrication is vital to the performance of rotating equipment; when over 40% of maintenance cost are related to poor lubrication, proper management is crucial. No matter where in the lubrication management journey you are, with SKF you can boost the performance that matters to your business.
- Help your bearing achieve its maximum service life
Every bearing has a certain service life potential. Research has shown that, for various reasons, not every bearing achieves it. Important stages which have a major impact on a bearing service life can be recognised during the bearing’s lifecycle. These stages are mounting, lubrication, alignment, basic condition monitoring and dismounting. The stages in a bearing life cycle are extremely important for achieving the maximum service life of the bearing. By applying the right maintenance practices and using the correct tools, you can considerably extend your bearing’s service life and increase plant productivity and efficiency.
Condition monitoring systems
- Easy to get started. Easy to finance. Reduced risk.
Condition monitoring solutions from SKF use the latest connected technologies to deliver value:
- Collect data from a wide variety of plant asset parameters – including vibration, temperature, lubrication state, and process data
- Transform your data into actionable insights that translate into real operational benefit and financial return - unlocking the hidden value in your data
- Work together with you in a new way to align our interests, while supporting you to further improve your operations. This fee- and performance-based approach makes it easy for you to continually benefit from the latest Industry 4.0 and IoT technologies without the need for significant upfront investment, as well as reducing your risks.
Power transmission solutions
- Create your power transmission solutions using our vast product range, backed by years of industry expertise.
Designing your power transmission system, and keeping it running smoothly and profitably, is a complex challenge. To help you improve rotating equipment performance, we have an extensive range of products and support services.
We offer you high-quality components for designing and maintaining a power transmission system, on fast turnaround. These include belts, chains, pulleys, sprockets, couplings, bushings and hubs, plus bolts and tightening systems. Each can be customised to meet your specific needs. A choice of bearings, seals and lubricants is also available, offering you the full spectrum of products from a single source.
All these components have been used extensively to boost machine efficiency in power transmission applications, backed by expert advice. Specifying proven, quality products leads to greater reliability, reduced maintenance and a faster return on investment. This contributes to a lower total cost of ownership.
In addition, a suite of engineering tools – such as belt and chain drive calculators – helps you specify a precise solution.
Test and measuring equipment
- Testing and classifying bearings, their components, and greases
As a major engineering company, SKF provides products and services that meet its own high standards for manufacturing. Measurement and quality assurance systems, based on our own quality technology for test and measuring equipment, have provided the means to do that for the last 35 years.
Today, we offer the same capabilities to customers. SKF develops and supplies the latest technology and instrumentation, designed to gauge compliance with each customer’s defined goals. A full range of measurement approaches fulfill the quality assurance needs of manufacturers of high precision round parts and related products, as well as grease testing for the grease industry.
Installation, setup, training (on or off site) and extensive follow up activities are all part of the services supplied.
- Reliable supply for replacement parts
Global manufacturers of cars and light trucks require a reliable supply of high-quality repair components for their aftermarket businesses.
We are an established and trusted manufacturer of wheel end, engine, transmission, steering and suspension components. In addition, we supply the bearing, tooling and lubrication products that underpin these systems.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
- SKF supplies Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE) for condition monitoring, mounting and lubrication of bearings. This is the equipment that is obligated under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2006.
SKF (U.K.) Limited is financing a drop off point for Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE). End of life EEE can be returned to SKF at Luton.
SKF will arrange for the transport and treatment of this equipment at an Approved Authorised Treatment Facility (AATF) for dismantling prior to disposal or reuse.