DEHN + SÖHNE GmbH + Co.KG
Loading the player ...
- Offer Profile
Our company focuses on the reliable protection of buildings and
constructions, electrical and
electronic systems and human life. Our pioneering spirit and innovative
ideas have been defining our company for more than 100 years and made us a
global market leader for surge protection, lightning protection/earthing as
well as safety equipment.
- DEHN offers comprehensive protection solutions in the
fields of surge protection, lightning protection/earthing and safety
equipment for many different industries.
Solutions for buildings and systems
- Surges are a great danger. Direct, nearby and remote lightning strikes
as well as switching operations in electric power stations can damage
buildings and systems.
- Residential buildings
- Office and administration buildings
- Systems and buildings
- Communication and data systems
- Measuring and control equipment, bus systems
- Industrial plants
- Safety systems
Solutions for industrial plants
- Failure of production facilities as a result of lightning
effects can have fatal consequences. Protection measures are essential to
ensure the availability of industrial plants.
- Lightning protection zone concept
- Production facilities
Solutions for the power industry
- Protection solutions and products ranging from power
generation, power transmission and distribution to power consumption
particularly for photovoltaic systems, wind turbines, biogas plants as well
as complete smart energy systems.
- Protection of wind turbines
- Protection of photovoltaic systems
- Protection of power grids (smart energy)
- Protection of biogas plants
Solutions for mobile communication systems
- As an expert for information and communication
technology, DEHN is an important supplier of earthing, equipotential bonding
as well as lightning and surge protection.
- Safety systems
- Cell sites
Solutions for the oil and gas industry
- The direct and indirect effects of lightning strikes and
other transients threaten chemical and petrochemical systems.
- Midstream - transport and storage
- Downstream – processing and distribution
Solutions for the chemical and pharmaceutical industry
- Many chemical and pharmaceutical companies rely on
innovative products from DEHN for protecting systems and processes as well
as production and storage facilities.
- Production facilities
- Storage facilities and tanks
Solutions for transportation systems
- DEHN offers a comprehensive lightning protection, surge
protection and safety equipment portfolio for protecting railway systems and
supports the development of electromobility.
- Railway systems
Lightning - fascinating but dangerous
- Lightning is fascinating, but also dangerous due to the
risk of fire and surges. Therefore, persons, buildings, systems as well as
electric and electronic devices must be protected.
- When lightning strikes
- Lightning protection systems
Power Supply Systems
- Our Red/Line surge protection portfolio includes
solutions for protecting systems up to 1,000 V a.c. / 1,500 V d.c. against
surges caused by atmospheric discharge and switching operations.
Type 1 Combined Lightning Current and Surge Arresters
- Spark-gap-based type 1 combined arresters - DEHNventil,
DEHNvenCI, DEHNshield, DEHNlimit - combine lightning equipotential bonding
and protection of terminal equipment in a single arrester.
Coordinated Type 1 Lightning Current Arresters
- Thanks to their high efficiency, coordinated
spark-gap-based type 1 lightning current arresters are ideally suited for
installation in the main distribution board of low-voltage consumer’s
Type 1 Lightning Current Arresters
- Type 1 lightning current arresters ensure lightning
equipotential bonding in electrical installations and allow a compact
configuration of low-voltage main distribution boards.
Accessory for Type 1 Arresters
- Receiver modules for optical transmission for selective
operating state indication / centralised fault indication of three
coordinated DEHNbloc Maxi S / DEHNgap Maxi S lightning current arresters.
N-PE Lightning Current Arresters
- Spark-gap-based type 1 N-PE lightning current arresters
of type DEHNgap are installed in “3+1” or “1+1“ circuits of TT or TN systems
between neutral conductor N and protective conductor PE.
Type 2 Surge Arresters
- Type 2 DEHNguard S / M ...CI / SCI surge arresters are
available in different types and voltages and are ideally suited for a.c.,
d.c. and PV applications.
Type 3 Surge Arresters
- Type 3 arresters are typically used for protecting
terminal equipment. Different types of enclosures allow easy installation
close to terminal equipment.
- DEHN provides specialized solutions to fulfil the
regional different demands (e.g. diverse voltage levels, earthing
conditions, standards) of many Power Supply Systems and markets worldwide.
- Adequate accessories such as terminals, insulating
enclosures or busbars make it easier to install and monitor DEHN surge
protective devices in many applications.
Isolating spark gaps
- Isolating spark gaps for aboveground and underground
installation are used to indirectly earth and connect functionally isolated
parts of installations under lightning conditions.
Measuring and test equipment
- Monitoring devices for measuring leakage currents flowing
through surge protective devices and isolating spark gaps for recording
- The function of voltage-limiting devices in railway
systems is to permanently connect parts in the overhead contact line and
pantograph zone to the return circuit as soon as the sparkover voltage is
Information Technology Systems
- Our Yellow/Line surge protection portfolio comprises
surge protective devices for information technology devices and systems of
buildings, process plants and telecommunication systems.
Pluggable DIN Rail Mounted SPDs
- The universal and pluggable DIN rail mounted arresters of
the BLITZDUCTOR SP/XT/XTU series protect measuring and control circuits, bus
systems and telecommunication systems.
Terminal block with integrated surge protection
- The space-saving and function-optimised DEHNconnect SD2
terminal blocks with integrated surge protection protect measuring and
control circuits and bus systems.
Compact DIN Rail Mounted SPDs
- The application-optimised BLITZDUCTOR VT surge protective
devices are ideally suited for process and automation technology.
SPDs for LSA Technology
- The DEHNrapid series for LSA technology is a flexibly
combinable system of lightning current and surge arresters for
telecommunication systems and measuring and control applications.
SPDs for field devices
- Surge arresters of the DEHNpipe series provide effective
protection for field devices, also in hazardous areas.
SPDs for telecommunication and data networks
- The surge arresters of the DEHNpatch and NET Protector
families protect Ethernet, ISDN and DSL interfaces and can be flexibly
installed / retrofitted on terminal equipment or in 19" distribution
SPDs for building systems
- Arresters for building systems are surge protective
devices for telecommunication interfaces and bus systems for building
automation whicg can be easily installed and retrofitted.
SPDs for Coaxial Connection
- The arresters of the DEHNgate and UGKF series provide
protection for coaxial systems such as satellite systems, modem technology,
video and transmission systems and large transmitters and receivers.
SPDs for SUB-D Connection
- The FS and USD arresters with SUB-D connection are
designed for installation at terminal equipment and are ideally suited for
protecting V-24, RS485/422 and Profibus-DP interfaces.
Shield connection systems and enclosures
- Lightning-current-tested shield terminals with
accessories for lightning equipotential bonding of cable shields and
aluminium enclosures for DIN rail mounted devices.
Measuring and test devices
- The condition monitoring system with LifeCheck® sensor is
a powerful monitoring system which already detects pre-damaged arresters and
indicates imminent failure. The associated monitoring devices are available
as stationary units or flexible hand-held devices.
External Lightning Protection
- Our lightning protection / earthing product range
includes products for protecting buildings from mechanical destruction
caused by lightning effects and the associated risk of fire.
- 25 x 3mm copper / aluminium conductor system, PVC covered
conductor, clamps, fixings, earth rods, earth pits and earth bars for
lightning protection, earth termination and equipotential bonding.
- Round wires, strips and cables according to EN 50164-2,
different materials and diameters, for lightning protection and
earth-termination systems and equipotential bonding.
Air-termination Systems and Accessories
- Air-termination rods, air-termination tips and mounting
material such as concrete bases, fixing brackets and clamps are used to
protect superstructures protruding from the roof against direct lightning
Isolated Lightning Protection
- Self-supporting air-termination rods, telescopic
lightning protection masts and components made of glass-fibre reinforced
plastic (GRP) for installing isolated air-termination systems to keep the
HVI Lightning Protection, CUI Conductor
- High-voltage-resistant insulated HVI® and CUI Conductors
allow to keep the separation distance from conductive parts and to control
touch voltage on down conductors.
Roof Conductor Holders and Wall Conductor Holders
- Conductor systems for flat roofs, roof surfaces, metal
roofs, ridge tiles and hip tiles for fixing round and flat conductors on
different types of roofs or on the facade.
- Clamps for combining round and flat conductors and for
connecting constructional elements. Expansion joints, bridging components
and test joint boxes for connection to the earth-termination system.
Components for Foundation Earth Electrodes and Earth
- Connecting components for reinforcements, foundation
earth electrodes and equipotential bonding. Earth rods for installing single
earth electrodes for lightning protection systems and plants including
- Pipe clamps, equipotential bonding bars and earthing
busbars for equipotential bonding of extraneous conductive parts according
to IEC 60364-4-41 / IEC 60364-5-54 and lightning equipotential bonding
according to IEC/EN 62305-3.
- Accessories for straightening round and flat conductors,
earthing resistance meters for testing earth-termination systems, insulating
and corrosion protection materials for clamping points/connections in the
Isolated lightning protection systems for thatched roofs
(HVI®), earthing materials for mobile military telecommunication systems,
components for use in potentially explosive atmospheres and spark gaps for
overhead line roof poles.
- Our safety equipment portfolio comprises auxiliary
equipment that ensures safe work on electrical installations of power supply
systems, electric railways and industrial plants.
Safety products for working according to the five safety
- Safety devices such as operating sticks, lock-out
systems, voltage detectors, earthing and short-circuiting devices and
insulating protective shutters for working according to the five safety
- Operating sticks for hot stick working are used to switch
and provide protection for live equipment or to attach earthing and
- Lock-out devices for protecting the work location from
re-connection. The components are marked with the symbol "Nicht schalten"
(Do not close the circuit).
- Complete and separate voltage detectors for a.c. and d.c.
systems for verifying safe isolation from supply voltage on all poles at the
- Resistive and capacitive phase comparators for verifying
in-phase conditions on all poles by making contact with three-phase systems.
Voltage Detecting Systems DEHNcap
- Capacitive voltage detecting system for verifying safe
isolation from supply voltage on all poles at the work location for
switchgear installations with HR or LRM test sockets.
Earthing and Short-Circuiting Devices
- Earthing and short-circuiting devices for earthing and
short-circuiting electrical installations as well as accessories and single
parts, also for low-voltage installations. Earthing and short-circuiting
devices can be individually configured via the earthing and short-circuiting
Insulating Protecting Shutters
- Insulating protective shutters protect against accidental
contact with live parts of an installation. Due to the various designs of
switchgear installations, there are four basic types.
Safety products for live working
- Products for live working up to 36 kV increase the
availability of your installations since they do not have to be
disconnected. We also offer live working services!
Live Cleaning Equipment
- Dry and damp cleaning kits for indoor and outdoor use are
used to clean electric parts of low-voltage and high-voltage installations
under live conditions.
- Equipment for refilling hot HT mass into paper-insulated
mass-impregnated cables under live conditions as well as accessories.
Protective and Auxiliary Equipment
- Protective and auxiliary equipment for working on live
parts, particularly personal protective equipment (PPE) up to 1000 V.
Arc fault protection products
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) for protecting
persons from the thermal effects of an arc fault as well as protection
systems for protecting persons and increasing the availability of
Passive arc fault protection - DEHNcare
- Safety and wearing comfort during working on electrical
installations. Personal protective equipment (PPE) for protecting persons
from the thermal effects of an arc fault.
Active arc fault protection
- Arc fault protection systems for limiting the arc energy.
The destructive energy is reduced to a minimum, thus protecting persons and
preventing extended downtime.
- Set of warning signs for electrical installations,
earthing and discharge devices, storage bags and transport cases as well as
accessories for our safety devices.
- Voltage-limiting devices for discharging surges without
short-circuit formation, safe equipotential bonding and galvanic isolation,
Set of warning signs
- For electrical installations according to EN 50110-1. The
individual warning signs are also separately available.
- Barrier and accessories for providing protection for
parts of an installation.
- Single-pole earthing and discharge devices for earthing
and short-circuiting statically charged electrical installations at the work
location as per EN 50110-1.
Storage Bags and Transport Cases
- Different storage bags and transport cases allow easy and
safe transport or storage of our products.
- Accessories (electrodes, probes, storage devices and
spare parts) for our safety devices.
Individual kit parts
- Individual kit parts of our safety devices (voltage
detector kit, operating stick kit, etc.).
- Here you will find up-to-date information on new surge
protection (power supply and information technology systems), lightning
protection/earthing and safety equipment products.
Surge protection - Power supply systems (Red/Line)
- Surge protective devices for installation into
switchgear installations, meter mounting boards, distribution cabinets,
cable ducts, socket outlets and terminal equipment
NEW: DEHNcord type 2 surge arrester
- The flexible and space-saving DEHNcord (two-pole,
single-pole) can be installed in installation systems such as the terminal
compartments of end loads, cable ducts or flush-mounted systems.
DEHNgap Maxi 1 255 (FM)
- Coordinated single-pole N-PE lightning current arrester
for UC = 255 V; optionally available with remote signalling contact for
monitoring device (floating changeover contact).
DEHNguard YPV SCI ... Compact
- Multipole surge arrester for string inverter systems
DEHNguard ME YPV SCI 1500 (FM) - DEHNguard SE PV SCI
- Prewired modular complete unit for use in photovoltaic
systems up to 1500 V consisting of a base part and plug-in protection
NEW: DEHNcube YPV SCI
- First type 2 surge arrester with IP65 degree of
protection. Compact and easy-to-install arrester for quick and flexible use
in photovoltaic systems - available in two versions (1 MPPT and 2 MPPT).
- DEHNguard PCB - Single-pole base mounted on the PCBs of
devices accommodates DEHNguard modules
DEHNvenCI - Combined arrester with integrated backup
- Type 1 spark-gap-based combined arrester with integrated
Surge protection - IT systems (Yellow/Line)
- Lightning current arresters, combined arresters or
surge arresters for fixed installation or for use as plug-in adapters.
NEW: DEHNbox TC 180
- Powerful, user friendly combined arrester for protecting
telecommunication interfaces (analogue telephone, ISDN, xDSL) with IP 65
degree of protection for private, commercial and industrial environments.
New arrester series: BLITZDUCTOR® SP
- The devices are pluggable multipole DIN rail mounted
surge arresters – universally useable for protecting measuring and control
circuits, bus systems or telecommunication systems.
DEHNgate LG/L4 7 16 MFA
- Two new coaxial broadband arresters (DGA LG 7 16 MFA and
DGA L4 7 16 MFA) for protecting multi-frequency applications (MFA) have been
added to the DEHNgate product family.
Accessory for condition monitoring system
- A 24 V power supply unit of type PSU DC24 30W is now
available as accessory for the DRC MCM XT and DRC SCM XT condition
monitoring systems. DIN rail mounted with single-phase wide-range input for
use in different supply systems.
DEHNconnect DCO SD2
- New device series:
DEHNconnect DCO SD2 – Terminal block with integrated surge protection and
BXT M2 BD S EX 24
- Ideally suited for protecting one signal interface (one
pair) of intrinsically safe measuring circuits in hazardous areas (e.g.
4-20mA, Fieldbus Foundation, Profi-bus-PA).
DEHNrecord DRC SCM XT
- LifeCheck®-equipped BLITZDUCTOR® XT/XTU arresters. Visual
status indication via three-colour LED combined with a remote signalling
contact (break contact).
DEHNrecord DRC LC M1+ – Handheld test device
- DRC LC M1+ is a portable test device with LifeCheck®
sensor for flexible use. It allows easy and fast testing of LifeCheck®-equipped
arresters and even detects pre-damaged arresters.
Lightning Protection / Earthing
- Components for external lightning protection systems
Telescopic test joint box
- The telescopic test joint box is specifically designed
for integration in thermal insulation composite systems (full thermal
Sealing collar for terminal lugs
- Sealing collar to lead the conductor through waterproof
foundation slabs / walls (e.g. white tank).
- Threaded adapter for connection to fixed earthing
terminals with thread M10, lock nut and spring washer, for use in case of
perimeter insulation or thermal insulation composite systems.
HVI®-power - high-voltage-resistant conductor
- The new HVI®power conductor is the ideal solution for all
classes of LPS
Isolated air-termination system: HVI®system
- Maximum flexibility for subsequent installation of
roof-mounted structures due to the large protected zone.
Tripods for HVI® supporting tubes
- Special design for HVI Conductor inside of the supporting
tube, with lateral outlet and double cleat for connecting 2x Rd 8-10 mm.
Adjustable to the roof inclination up to max. 5°
UNI Saddle Clamp with screw M8 and locking nut
- The StSt contact plate allows for different materials of
conductors to be connected to the usual mounting systems, e.g. to aluminium,
without the risk of contact corrosion.
- For working on electrical installations
DEHNcare - Arc-fault-tested protective equipment
- Each and every day electrical work is carried out all
over the world. The risk that technical defects, maloperation, pollution or
foreign matter in the installation cause arc faults cannot be excluded.
SDS Enclosure - Mast adapter
- The new SDS enclosure, which is directly fixed at the
contact line mast, allows to replace voltage-limiting devices without having
to access the critical point of the track section.
PHE III voltage detectors (30 to 60 kV)
Voltage detectors for railways
- ASP non-contact voltage detectors, PHE III voltage
detectors, PHE III voltage detectors for supply lines, PHE III voltage
detectors for overhead contact lines
DEHNarc - Modular arc fault protection system
- DEHNarc modular arc fault protection system for
low-voltage distribution boards in transformer stations