Industrial Research Limited. NZ
IRL’s robotic team is actively pursuing several research projects in automation, principally in the meat, seafood, and other primary industries.
Our interests are to apply advanced automation technology to product handling, processing and sorting to increase efficiency and throughput. In particular, we deal with natural products which are variable in size, shape texture and colour.
Our activities cover the gamut of development from initial concept to production prototype, working with technology partners to deliver viable commercial solutions.
- Computer vision research
- Computer vision research: Cognitive mapping robot navigation
- Computer vision research: Object recognition
- Computer vision research: Pattern recognition
- Research: Gas depelter machine for sheepmeat processing
- Research: Mussel opening machine
- Research: Y-cutter robot for sheepmeat processing
- Robot vision research: Visually guided robots