plastics for longer life®
Günter Blase began igus® back on 15th October 1964 in a double garage in Cologne. For the first 20 years, the company worked as a supplier of complex technical polymer components. However, in 1983 Frank Blase established reinforced plastic Energy Chain Systems® and injection moulded polymer bearings as two distinct product groups and set up a network of sales engineers. These seemingly unrelated products are linked together through the belief in making functionally advanced, yet affordable polymer components and assemblies. Between 1985 and 2015, igus® has grown from 40 to more than 2,400 employees distributed between the head office in Germany and 34 subsidiary companies around the world. igus® also has representative partners in more than 80 countries. igus® will continue to invest in expansion in the coming years, thanks to the opportunities for growth provided by modern materials.
Lifetime up - costs down
Lower costs and raise service life by eliminating lubrication and lowering maintenance works, everything delivered from stock immediately - that is the core idea and objective behind all igus® products, systems and services.
igus® plastics with their tested and proven properties in durability, friction and stability are the main focus of the igus® products.
We offer you 100,000 products from stock and from "Size One".
- Bearings: High pressure resistant bearings
- Bearings: Large scale sliding bearings
- Bearings: Linear bearings
- Bearings: long life bearings
- Bearings: Low cost bearings
- Bearings: Maintenance-free sliding bearings
- Bearings: Plastic low cost bearings
- Bearings: Self aligning bearings
- Bearings: Special bearings
- Bearings: Special coated bearings
- Plain bearings: Chemical resistant bearings
- Plain bearings: Custom bearings
- Plain bearings: Economical universal bearings
- Plain bearings: Food compatible bearings
- Plain bearings: High-temperature bearings
- Plain bearings: Low friction bearings
- Plain bearings: Waterproof bearings
- Wiring: Energy chain
- Wiring: Energy tube